Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Another Day at CVS - April 28th

So here is my trip from yesterday, April 28th. My friend and I went to CVS specifically looking for a couple of items. One thing we were hoping for was to find the Post-It-Note Flags. Since there were only a couple, I let her have those since I had other things I wanted. We went to a different store today in hopes of finding them, but alas...no such luck. :-) This time(yesterday) I did get a little smarter and broke it up into 2 transactions in order to be able to use 2 of the $3/$15 purchase. Find this coupon here.

Transaction #1

2 Palmolive Liquid - B1G1 - $.25/each
2 EOB Facial Scrubbers - $1.49 each
1 One Touch Glucose Meter - $19.99 - $20 coupon (adjusted down to $19.99)

Used $3/$15 CVS coupon and no ECB's and only paid $2.58.

Transaction #2

1 EOB Facial Scrubbers - $1.49 each(to complete first transaction deal for $5 ECB's)
2 Cover Girl Tru-Blend foundations- $9.49 each - B1G1 Free Coupon ($6 ECB's)
2 Twizzlers candy - B1G1 free - $2.49
1 Diet Dr. Pepper @ $1.29 (I was thirsty) :-)

Used $4/$20 CVS beauty coupon(received in an e-mail), $3/$15 CVS coupon, Cover Girl B1G1 coupon, and $6 ECB and paid a total $2.98.

Total spent for the day--- $5.56
Total saved for the day--- $50.26

Now that was fun. As I said in my last post, I am learning that sometimes it is easier to break it up into smaller transactions to make the most of your coupons and ECB's. The total ECB's I got back were $11. Not a bad trip. :-)

For all the scoop on how to do this with a great deal more information than I can ever hope to offer, please go and visit Crystal's blog at MoneySavingMom.com. She gives a great deal of information on how to be frugal and make the most of your money. I am so thankful for all the words of wisdom that she has to offer and all the links that she provides. If you have any trouble with the link I added here(not sure if I did it right or not) use the link on the side bar under favorite blogs.

Happy shopping and saving!!! God bless!!!

2 comments:

Alyssa @ KeepingTheKingdomFirst said...

I agree. I save the most when I do several small transactions. Today I did one for 2 cents OOP! That was funny.

Mary Jane said...

I think I may be jealous Alyssa. :-) I have yet to do that well. For whatever reason mine are usually at least over a dollar, so when I get one less than a dollar I am ecstatic!! :-)