Tuesday, April 29, 2008

April 24th at CVS

Ok folks...this was one awesome trip and I wish I could say I saved more but I did not. Now don't get me wrong, because this was still an incredible savings, but I did pay $40.58 OOP. So as you can see the exciting thing is that I saved $90.46 (total purchases were over $130) so I really can't complain. One of the reasons I believe that it was higher was that I bought the Alaway eyedrops. They are not cheap by any means and at $12.99 for a little bottle...well...OUCH!!! :-) Here's the breakdown:

Alavert -5 boxes - sale price-$5.99 - $4 coupon/each and $5 ECB for each
Softsoap Spa Radiant 18oz (4)- $5.49 each with $5.49 back in ECB's for each
EOB(Essence of Beauty) gift bags 2@ $1.49 each with
EOB Eye Makeup Applicators 1 pack @ $1.99 - 3 items and got $5 ECB's back
M&M's - 4 bags @ $3.49 each - $3 ECB's back for every 2 purchased
Alaway Eye Drops - $12.99 each - B1G1 1/2 off with $3.00 coupons for each

All-in-all it was a good trip and generated over $50 in ECB's. The thing I am learning is that when I buy it all in one lump sum like that then my ECB's are also in one lump sum, therefore making it harder to use later on. As you can see I am still learning, but I am having a great time while I learn. I had a great time this past weekend giving away some bodywash to friends and family. That makes it even more fun for me.

Hope you have a great week and God bless!!

P.S. If you see the eyes behind the Softsoap that would be JB, my helper and co-conspirator. :-)

3 comments:

~Crystal~ said...

It was really cool, to run into another CVSer today! I'm sure we will be running into each other out & about!

Fiddle D. Dee said...

Love the little eyes behind the items!! Now, next time can you get the little furry friend in also??
Had fun today!

Mary Jane said...

Crystal...it was great to meet you too. Hope to see you around town. It will be great fun.

Fiddle d. dee...I had a great time too. It is always more fun saving money with a friend. :-)