Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Late Nite Shopping Trip


Last night on my way home from working a half shift at the hospital, I decided to stop by CVS and see if they had any of the Alavert that is part of a hidden deal that I learned about from Crystal on MoneySavingMom.com. Thanks Crystal. For more tips on how to save money at CVS and lots of other places visit Crystal at http://www.moneysavingmom.com/. She is awesome.



We use a lot of Alavert at my house and this was a great deal. I got 5 boxes of 12 count tablets(actually 18 count because they were bonus boxes) and made $1.00 overage on each. WOW. That paid for the body wash that I got that was on sale for my DH but that I didn't have coupons for.



I love learning how to do this. Like a friend of mine says, "saving money is addictive". What an awesome addiction to have. :-) Well anyway, here's the breakdown for the trip last night.



Alavert 5 boxes - $6.99 each - 5-$4.00 coupon and $4.00ECB for each

Sauve Men's Bodywash - (50% more bottles) - 3/$5.00

Dove Hairspray - 2 @ $3.99 each ($5.00 ECB for $15 Dove purchase)

Dove Shampoo & Conditioner - (33% more bottles) - $3.99 -each + $3.00/2 coupon



I spent $60 + before coupons and ECB's and used $$33 dollars in ECB and ended up paying $1.84 in the end. This generated $25 in ECB's for next trip. Not as well as I would have liked, but still not a bad trip to get things that we use all the time. According to my receipt I saved $84.00 and spent $1.84. Not bad for 30 minutes shopping, huh? :-)



Hope you all have a great day and God bless.

1 comment:

Alyssa @ KeepingTheKingdomFirst said...

Hi Mary Jane!
Thank you so much for linking me, I am truly honored.

Isn't the Alavert deal great! $1.84 is awesome for all that stuff. I know exactly what you mean about being "addicted" to saving money. It is quite a thrill!